Sometimes, being a mother means you have to give some stuff up, for the human beings that were created with love.
What I have given up (sometimes):
1. A good night’s rest. I am such a light sleeper, than even the slightest movement from the kid’s room, wakes me up.
2. A fantastic long shower.
3. A decent “tinkle.” Because you know, that as soon as you lock your self into the bathroom, the fights begin, the mess is everywhere, the spills happen. I swear, it’s like they know…
4. At times, food. If we happen to get different ice creams and they didn’t like theirs, guess who has to give up hers? What, with all the darn puppy eyes happening and stuff?!?
5. All decency. After all, when you are in the delivery room anyone and everyone comes into your room when you are… ahem, exposed. Pop a boob out to feed, sure! Change a milk stained shirt/bra in the car, done that.
6. The clothes off my back! Yes, after begging a kid to put on a jacket or sweater (and for them to NOT put it on), because it get’s cold outside… guess who has taken off her jacket or sweater to cover said cold
brat sweet child of mine. Me.
I dare you to add yours! After all….