Have you ever met a storyteller? Do you have one in your family? My mom is the storyteller in our family. It takes someone special to tell stories that will keep you intrigued and interested.
When Brave Director, Mark Andrews walked into the room where we were interviewing him, there was a certain way about him that just screamed “Storyteller.”
Mark Andrews is a ball of fun energy. Pixar must be a riot when he is in the building. Instead of posting tidbits of the interview, I am going to post fun facts from our interview. Did you know…
- That Brave was always going to be a story about a mother and daughter relationship?
- Director Mark Andrews has been a storyteller for over 20 years?
- Just like King Fergus, Mark Andrews is a father of one girl and three boys!
- Mark has been working on Brave for 18 months.
- Brave ran into several storyline issues.
- Brave is running on a brand new software program over at Pixar!
He was so animated throughout the interview. His facial expression, how he used his hands and just… I can only imagine what bedtime is like for his kids.
As you can tell, the whole movie was a work in progress. There are a lot of personal touches from the directors and producers of the film, which I feel makes the movie very personable. Even though the mother/daughter scene has been done time and time again, the Pixar touch has a way of making it way more interesting. This is that special magic touch that only Pixar can produce.
I saw the movie last Saturday. I will be posting my review soon.