Can we fix it?
I love Bob the Builder. This was one of my son’s favorite character when he was a wee little one. He even dressed like him for one Halloween. Talk about excitement for us, well ok, just for me, when I read the he is coming to the Discovery Science Center.
The 2,500 square foot multimedia exhibit invites exploration, inspires teamwork and a Can-do attitude, and brings eco-friendly building themes to life for children and families. Sunflower Valley will come to life with countless discovery-based games, hands-on activities, and interactive exhibits that promote and encourage creativity and the satisfaction of a job well done. Exciting activities and exhibit interactive elements include:
- Meet the Can-Do Crew: Construct an afternoon of activity – build memories and snap photos with a kid-sized, three-dimensional Bob the Builder, Scoop and Benny, among others.
- Bob’s Mobile Home: See Bob the Builder’s blueprint for success as children explore their favorite builder’s mobile home. Children can be part of the crew and help fix the drip coming from Bob the Builder’s sink or watch video clips from the popular series.
- Build the Machine Shelter: Be part of the team, laying stones in the walls of the machine team’s shelter and building stalls for Scoop, Muck, Roley and Dizzy to sleep.
- Drive a Machine: Let’s Scram! Climb aboard Muck the Digger Dump Truck, rock and roll with Roley the Steamroller and dig up fun with Scoop the Digger!
- Talkie Talkie: This problem-solving crew has a lot to say and each member has a special phrase. View a picture of each team member and push a button to hear their signature catch phrases.
- Wendy’s Caravan: Wendy needs some help from the team to refurbish and decorate her caravan and plant beautiful flowers.
- Water Pump: Farmer Pickles isn’t the only one in Sunflower Valley that knows that water conservation is important. Children can explore the interactive water pump station, learn important messages about water conservation and help to bring water to Sunflower Valley.
Produced by The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis and inspired by HIT Entertainment’s popular television series, the Bob the Builder- Project: Build It exhibit is focused on bringing building themes to life for children and families.
The interactive environment is rich in objects, shapes, sounds, colors, and hands-on activities that allow preschool and young children to be able to manipulate tools, build, explore, and interact socially with others.
Catch this can-do exhibit Sept. 15, 2012 – Jan. 6, 2013! Visit http://www.discoverycube.org for more info.
This is not a paid post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.