Calling All Selfies! Use Your Pictures to do Good #ad #Giveaway
Giveaway closed! Winner is Eileen B.
This is a sponsored post with Johnson & Johnson through The Motherhood. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
We’ve all done it. All. Of. Us.
Whether in our bathrooms, beaches, wondrous backdrops or a casual mirror that we happened to walk by- a selfie. Some, if not all, take selfies to show the world how we’re rockin’ our hair or the cute outfit we have on. Selfies are now embedded into our DNA. Old people do it and where do you think they learned it from ? Yup! The young ones. It has cross from one generation to another.
Now, imagine if those photos could be used to help those who are in need, all around the world. Johnson & Johnson’s has come up with the most unique way to raise awareness and money
Johnson & Johnson has curated a list of trusted causes, and you can donate a photo to one cause, once a day. Each cause will appear in the app until it reaches its goal, or the donation period ends. If the goal isn’t reached, the cause will still get a minimum donation.
For every photo shared through Donate a Photo, Johnson & Johnson will donate one dollar to one of its non-profit partners, which each consumer chooses from a rotating list. It’s super easy to use. If you’ve taken a selfie before, then you know how to use this app.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Users can donate one photo a day, every day via the FREE app.
- You can see and share the impact of your photos; an “action band” telling you what the photo did (examples include helping a girl in Liberia go back to school and helping a child in Mexico get to school safely) travels when you share your photos out via your social networks.
- Donating is simple: Just visit donateaphoto.com to find out how to download the free Donate a Photo app and register to get started, then choose a cause, upload a photo and share it on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to show the actions and impact to friends and followers and encourage them to get involved in helping the causes, too.
- The app was developed for both iOS and Android platforms; visit donateaphoto.com to learn more.
- While all donations must be made through a mobile device, the experience (including a photo gallery, progress achieved for each non-profit partner, etc.) is accessible to anyone, on any device, from mobile phones to tablets to desktop computers.
Now for the fun part. A giveaway!
I have a Health Essentials pack to give away to one of you! Check out some of the products included in your prize:
- Clean & Clear
Want a chance to enter and win? Here is your Mandatory Entry:
Answer this in a comment: To which cause are you going to donate your selfie to?
Here are your ONLY extra entries. See the social media buttons below or next to my signature? Please leave an additional comment with your extra entries for verification:
- Click on the g+ button and share this giveaway!
- Are you on Twitter? Click on the tweet button and leave your twitter handle in a comment
- Click the Facebook like button
This Giveaway ends Tuesday, August 13, 2013 at 12 noon. Void where prohibited. (1) winner will be selected using Random (dot) org and notified through email. U.S. residents only. Must be 18 years or older to participate. By entering the giveaway, you give me permission to send your info (if you should win) to the sponsoring company, who will ship the prize to you. Sorry, no refunds or exchanges. Winner has 2 days to respond before I select another winner. Entries/Comments that do not follow the submission guidelines will not be counted. No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes end August 31, 2013. Prize(s) provided by Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. Void where prohibited.
Liz is a Mexican-American blogger living in Southern California. Married 19 years, and a mami to 3 kids, her content is inspired from living in and raising a multicultural familia. Liz has been blogging for more than 7 years, establishing herself as a nationally recognized Latina blogger. She often blogs in Spanglish and may throw in some Tagalog when talking about her hubby. You can also find her chit chatting away at @Liz_Cerezo on Twitter!