This is a sponsored post with AT&T through Latina Bloggers Connect. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I would like to thank AT&T for the Blackberry phone donation.
As parents, we set the example the second we find out we’re pregnant. Just like we all took care of ourselves by taking our prenatals and going to our doctor appointments, the responsibility of taking care of our kids rests upon us. That responsibility carries on all the way through, until they’re off, living their own lives. Do you agree?
But first, we teach them to drive. We must teach our children to be mindful of others. To watch the road. Keep both eyes on the road. In my case, don’t look at the pretty girls, as they’re walking on the sidewalk. Keep both hands at the 9 and 3 o’clock on the steering wheel. The list can go on and on, but what about the rules of no texting while driving? Have you been enforcing that rule on yourself? Friends? Loved ones? We all know that children learn from example and one of the example we must embrace is the one of leaving the phone alone when we drive.
Grab your teens and take a positive step towards better driving in three easy steps:
- Go to www.itcanwait.com
- Take the no-texting-and-driving pledge
- Share your promise with others via Twitter (#itcanwait) and Facebook at www.facebook.com/ItCanWaitNoTextingWhileDriving
AT&T is making it simple to make a responsible driver out of anyone who drives. The AT&T Drive Mode app is free for its BlackBerry and Android wireless customers. Check out how does the DriveMode app works:
- Once downloaded and set up, the app will turn on automatically once your vehicle starts moving 25 miles per hour. Then anyone who tries to text or send email will receive an auto reply message telling them you’re currently driving and will get back to them soon.
- When the app is turned on, all calls will automatically be sent to voicemail; however, the user can identify up to five numbers that can always be dialed, and 911 calls are always allowed.
- When setting up the app, the user has the option to select one navigation and one music app that can be accessed while DriveMode is turned on.
- While enabled, depending on your device, the app also stops incoming sounds for texts, emails and voice calls – so you’re less tempted to grab your phone.
- The app automatically turns off once the vehicle is going less than 25 miles per hour for 5 minutes and then the user can view the calls, messages and emails as they normally would.
- AT&T is offers the application for Data and text messaging charges may apply for download and app usage.
This app is great for the whole family. Are you ready to give it a try? Here’s a pretty awesome giveaway!
I have a wonderful giveaway for one of your! The prize, along with a family friendly gift pack that includes a ICW T-shirt * ICW thumb rings, ICW Non-Woven Big Tote, ICW Decals/Spanish, ICW Cleaning cloth, ICW Silicon snap bracelet and Interior Double Side Cling. It also includes a Blackberry Q10 (Unlocked. ARV of $584.99)
Want a chance to enter and win? Here is your Mandatory Entry:
Answer this in a comment: What did you learn from the itcanwait.com site?
Here are your extra entries. See the social media buttons below? Please leave an additional comment with your extra entries for verification:
- Click on the g+ button and share this giveaway!
- Are you on Twitter? Click on the tweet button and leave your twitter handle in a comment
- Click the Facebook like button
This Giveaway ends Monday, September 16, 2013 at 12 noon. Void where prohibited. (1) winner will be selected using Random (dot) org and notified through email. U.S. residents only. Must be 18 years or older to participate. By entering the giveaway, you give me permission to send your info (if you should win) to the sponsoring company, who will ship the prize to you. Sorry, no refunds or exchanges. Winner has 2 days to respond before I select another winner. Entries/Comments that do not follow the submission guidelines will not be counted. No purchase necessary.