Guest Post: Aracely~ Pack your Bags! A la Playa se ha dicho!
Today’s guest post is from someone you all should know! Aracely, better known as Daytripping Mom, is showing us how we can have an awesome day at the beach, with some practical tips!
Please welcome, Aracely!
Summer is here, well unofficially it’s here and it has me dreaming of the beach. My familia loves the beach and we try to head there a few times during the summer. Over the years I’ve learned that packing a good beach bag is key to having a good day! Here are some of the things I’ve discovered are almost essential for a day at the beach.
- Flip flops
- Eye drops,(helps with getting sand out of the eyes). You can also pack a small bottle of contact solution. I pack both!
- Coins(You can now pay your parking with a credit card, but some beaches are still old fashioned and only take coins)
- Toys, Toys and more Beach Toys!
- We also pack a cooler with water, soda, juice, snacks, cut up fruit and sandwiches. I also usually bring beach chairs and an umbrella.
- Last but not least and not included in my list, because it is my #1 thing to pack is baby powder or cornstarch.
I bet your scratching your head and saying huh???
Baby powder? Yes, Baby Powder! As a Southern California native I’ve learned that Baby Powder gets off sand off a body like nothing else. Sprinkle some baby powder on your legs, back, arms, and voila… the sand comes off, just shake it off! It is a must have!
Well there you have it, my essential beach bag. How about yours? What do you like to pack? Have you ever used Baby Powder to take that sand off?
Thanks, Amgia, for sharing your tips!
Liz is a Mexican-American blogger living in Southern California. Married 19 years, and a mami to 3 kids, her content is inspired from living in and raising a multicultural familia. Liz has been blogging for more than 7 years, establishing herself as a nationally recognized Latina blogger. She often blogs in Spanglish and may throw in some Tagalog when talking about her hubby. You can also find her chit chatting away at @Liz_Cerezo on Twitter!