Let’s Talk! Straight Talk with Invisalign Teen
This is a sponsored post. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
I currently have 1 teen with braces and from the looks of my 9 and 7 year olds, this won’t be the last time I see of the metal brackets. Or is it? This has been one of the biggest and most expensive investment for my husband and I. An adventure that will have lifetime results. We’ve had our ups and downs. From a minor jaw adjustment and my son not adjusting to metal in his mouth, it’s been one heck of a ride. Had I known more about the alternatives, I would have done it in a heartbeat. At least I know better for when the time comes for when the little ones need them. Let’s have a straight talk about Invisalign!
What is Invisalign Teen?
Invisalign Teen clear aligners straighten teeth without traditional wires and brackets giving teens the confidence to live life to the fullest while improving their smile.
- Invisalign Teen clear aligners are removable and can straighten teeth without a mouth full of metal and all the disruption and sacrifice that comes with it.
- With Invisalign, Teens can play sports without fear of injury and continue cheerleading, musical instruments, acting and singing without interference.
- Invisalign Teen eliminates emergency ortho visits for broken wires and brackets and requires fewer appointments since several aligner sets are provided in advance.
I’ve been staring at these facts as I’m writing and I’m trying not to cry about the experiences we’ve been through with my teen. Especially the last note there. My son had a fit when wires would break and cut into his gums or mouth. And it happened numerous times. Not to mention again, but super expensive.
I will admit that I believed some of the myths when it came to even wanting to find out about Invisalign. This is a learning experience for me too. Let’s talk about two myths that I sadly believed…
Myth: Invisalign takes longer to complete than braces.
- Setting it Straight: The length of Invisalign treatment is comparable to braces. The average Invisalign journey averages about 12 months for adults. The length of treatment time for teens may vary depending on the severity of the case and can only be determined by a doctor.
Myth: Braces work better than Invisalign.
- Setting it Straight: Invisalign Teen was developed with leading orthodontists to correct the most common teeth straightening issues – from severe cases to more minor, cosmetic adjustments. Invisalign Teen’s clear aligners are removable and can straighten teeth without a mouth full of metal and all the disruption and sacrifice that comes with it. With Invisalign, teens look better and feel more confident than they ever could in traditional braces.
Does this set the record straight? A least a little bit? I truly hope so. In my honest opinion, had I know all this before this metal braces fiasco, I would have chosen Invisalign. As a matter a fact, I’ve done my research and have made the decision to switch my son to Invisalign. At least we both now know there’s an option when the time comes to the dental health for your tween or teen.
If you think Invisalign Teen is something you’d like to try out for your teen, check out this sweepstakes! Right now, enter the Straight Talk Sweepstakes for a chance to win free Invisalign treatment. *This is NOT a giveaway or sweepstakes through this blog* so I will not be selecting a winner. You can enter through September 30th!
Liz is a Mexican-American blogger living in Southern California. Married 19 years, and a mami to 3 kids, her content is inspired from living in and raising a multicultural familia. Liz has been blogging for more than 7 years, establishing herself as a nationally recognized Latina blogger. She often blogs in Spanglish and may throw in some Tagalog when talking about her hubby. You can also find her chit chatting away at @Liz_Cerezo on Twitter!