3 Ways to Enjoy Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate!
This is a sponsored post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Cereal is comfort food. Do you feel that way? A delicious bowl of cereal is good, any time of the day. I’ve had it for dinner, as a snack, and of course for breakfast. Since I was a child, cereal has always brought me comfort and there’s nothing worse than going to the fridge, after pouring yourself a big bowl of your favorite cereal, only to find out you have no milk. Has that ever happened to you? Ugh, worse feeling EVER!
Honey Bunches of Oats has been my family’s favorite cereal for a long time now. My teen son L O V E S this cereal and always picks up a box, just for him. And I’m not gonna lie, I love this cereal too. Well, if that wasn’t enough, chocolate has now been added to our beloved cereal. Introducing Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate.
With Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate, you have the deliciousness you expect from Honey Bunches of Oats, but with the awesomeness that chocolate brings. For those looking for a chocolate fix, Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate delivers the perfect combination of crispy flakes, crunchy bunches and the yumminess of real cocoa. Whether poured into a bowl with milk, eaten straight out of the box or used in a delicious recipe, this decadent treat is perfect for whenever a sweet craving strikes. delivers the perfect combination of crispy flakes, crunchy bunches and the yumminess of real cocoa. Whether poured into a bowl with milk, eaten straight out of the box or used in a delicious recipe, this decadent treat is perfect for whenever a sweet craving strikes. Oh, and the best part? The chocolate milk at the bottom of the bowl!!! It’s a win-win!!!
There are 3 ways to enjoy this type of cereal:
- Enjoy it in a bowl with yummy cold milk
- Eat it straight out of the box or make a trail mix with it
- In a delicious recipe
I’ve had Honey Bunches of Oats in a trail mix and it was good. My boy scout also enjoyed it! Or you can try this recipe:
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate cereal, lightly crushed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar and salt until very frothy. Fold in coconut and cereal until moistened.
- Drop mixture into 2 inch rounds on prepared baking sheets. Bake until lightly golden, about 25 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30-second intervals until smooth.
- Dip bottom part of macaroons into melted chocolate and place on parchment paper. Cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes or until set.
However you decide to enjoy, just do it. It bet it’ll be the best part of your day! For more info, follow Honey Bunches of Oats on Facebook and Twitter!
Liz is a Mexican-American blogger living in Southern California. Married 19 years, and a mami to 3 kids, her content is inspired from living in and raising a multicultural familia. Liz has been blogging for more than 7 years, establishing herself as a nationally recognized Latina blogger. She often blogs in Spanglish and may throw in some Tagalog when talking about her hubby. You can also find her chit chatting away at @Liz_Cerezo on Twitter!