UPDATED: Kybella- The Real Experience (Video + Pictures)
Have you ever been so excited about something that it makes you so nervous you don’t know what to do with yourself? Well, that was me. I went to CosmetiCare for a consultation and I ended up getting the Kybella treatment done. It was a crazy, fun, scary, and amazing emotion, all at once. After weeks of anticipation, I was actually getting it done.
I was able to Snapchat my story. For those of you who follow along, you got to see it live and direct. My son helped with the picture and some of the video, because I was shaking! LOL!! I want to invite you to check out the finished video and then keep reading for a Q&A about Kybella!
I know, I’m such a baby. hahaha!
Ok, so let’s begin. As I snapped my story, I was getting a lot of question. I actually got my highest views during the process. Here are some of them in Q&A form:
Where did you get it done?
- As many of you know, I am a member of the #CosmetiCareMoms team. CosmetiCare is a cosmetic surgery clinic in Newport Beach, here in Southern California.
Did it hurt?
- Yes and no. It mostly burned a little. Maybe my pain threshold isn’t all that high, but right after the injections, you do get a lot of burning sensation. Once I had the face compressor on, with the ice pack, all was well.
Why did you get it done?
- This is actually the very first time I do something for myself. The decision to have Kybella done was somewhat hard to do. Like I’ve told you before, I always seem to put my kids first, in anything, before doing anything for myself. I turn 40 this year, and I wanted to do something that will motivate me to do more stuff for me. Plus, why not, right?
How long until you see results?
- I will start to see results, once the swelling goes down. That can take at least 4 weeks.
Is it only 1 treatment?
- Some people may require one treatment, others will need more. I am getting a total of 3 treatments to get the results I want. Each treatment takes 6 weeks of in-between time. So, it will be a while until I actually get to see some changes.
How long did the treatment take?
- The whole treatment was about 15 minutes. You can literally be in and out. Of course, the first treatment is a little longer with all the questions and stuff.
Are they really injections?
- Oh, yeah. They are real and they are a lot. You can see in the video how many syringes were used and the amount of little dots (that serve as a guide). Each dot will get an injection. Please note that not all treatments are alike. My treatment plan was caterted to me. If you’re interested in talking to CosmetiCare, give them a call! They’re super great!!!
Will you have down time?
- As I mentioned on the video, if you work from home, then you’re ok. If you work out of the home, or you’re out and about, then well, people (or maybe just you!) will notice the swelling. The ice compression helped BIG TIME! It helps with the swelling and the pain/burning that you may feel. You can take Tylenol or Ibuprofen for pain, but I didn’t have to take any. It truly isn’t that bad.
Next week, I’ll have more updates! Don’t miss out!!!
1 WEEK UPDATE:
Kybella Update Week 2!
Kybella Update- 1 Month
Learn more about other services from CosmetiCare:
- MY FIRST TIME TRYING BOTOX AT COSMETICARE
- My First Treatment – Kybella
- My truSculpt Second Treatment – Three Ways to Flush Fat Today
This is not a paid post. All thoughts and opinions are my own. As a proud #CosmetiCareMoms member, services were provided. I gladly share this information with you.
Liz is a Mexican-American blogger living in Southern California. Married 19 years, and a mami to 3 kids, her content is inspired from living in and raising a multicultural familia. Liz has been blogging for more than 7 years, establishing herself as a nationally recognized Latina blogger. She often blogs in Spanglish and may throw in some Tagalog when talking about her hubby. You can also find her chit chatting away at @Liz_Cerezo on Twitter!