Medieval Times: The Perfect Rainy Day Adventure! Discount Included!
California has been getting hit hard with stormy weather. I absolutely love rainy weather and while I know it sometimes makes your plans go awry, there’s always something to do when you need to make alternative plans. Medieval Times has been in SoCal for as along as I can remember. I’ve been coming to Medieval Times for a while now. I’ve been on dates and girls night out at the castle on Beach Blvd. I even bought my very first alcoholic drink at Medieval Times. I’m telling you, this place has a very special place in my heart.
Medieval Times offers dinner and entertainment that the whole family will enjoy. From the time that you step foot inside the castle you enter a world of chivalry, rivalry and revelry! Your night start off with the selection of your knight/color. This will determine who you will cheer for. Medieval Times will provide a delicious meal and drinks and of course a fun night of cheering and defeat.
Here are some interesting facts about Medieval Times:
- All Knights begin their training as Squires – just as they did in the Middle Ages – learning horse care, sword fighting, and weaponry. It takes a minimum of six months of training to become a Knight.
- Knights perform with real metal weapons and wear authentic armor. During battle scenes, real titanium swords create sparks.
- Every shield must be repainted after every show.
- When jousting, the Knights charge at speeds of approximately 15 to 20 miles per hour and reach an impact velocity speed of about 30 to 40 miles per hour.
- Each year, 25 foals are born at Chapel Creek Ranch, where they spend two years training.
- Our horses enjoy retirement at the ranch after 15 to 20 years of performing.
- 125,000 gallons of soup are served each year.
- 400,000 gallons of Pepsi are consumed each year.
- Each arena is filled with about 4,455 cubic feet of sand – about the load of 10 dump trucks.
- Medieval Times is the #1 breeder of pure Spanish horses in North America.
My kids love going to Medieval Times. My daughter has been handed a carnation twice already and she gets all cheeky about it. This is how special the knights make their guests feel.
Special Discount for you:
Right now through 2/28/17, we have a special discount for you! Get adult tickets for $36.95 and children (12 and under) for $29.95 with the code MT3629 .
Buy your tickets now by visiting Medieval Times!
Liz is a Mexican-American blogger living in Southern California. Married 19 years, and a mami to 3 kids, her content is inspired from living in and raising a multicultural familia. Liz has been blogging for more than 7 years, establishing herself as a nationally recognized Latina blogger. She often blogs in Spanglish and may throw in some Tagalog when talking about her hubby. You can also find her chit chatting away at @Liz_Cerezo on Twitter!